• New Hampshire Central Railroad (NHCR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by bigfreight

NHCR 7324 came south thru Lancaster Tuesday with 1 covered hopper. Also the new signal balls are up in Whitefield and they are pretty sharp. Thanks to Ed at NHCR for restoring them.
  by RJDC85

Bigfreight,
Thanks for the report- and the work on the signals looks great. Question- has there been more clearing up of the line in/around Whitefield? It looked like there had been a lot of mowing/brush work in the Whitefield yard recently.
  by bigfreight

7324 came south deadheading towards Hazen at 1230PM today. Yesterday there was crew from Maine cleaning the rails out at the crossing at Page Hill . They had a air compressor hooked to the pickup but were using a big Leaf Blower and couple of bars to clear the crossing of debris.
  by bigfreight

NHCR 7324 Just came thru Lancaster headed north towards Groveton with 1 covered hopper .
  by Fritz

Hello,
This morning the NHCR GP9 7324 shoved a boxcar and 4 tank cars onto the SLR siding in North Stratford at around 0930. When they were done working, there were 24 tank cars awaiting pick-up on the west end of the siding and a single tank car on the east end of the siding.
Have a great weekend,
Fritz
  by bigfreight

NHCR7324 came south thru Lancaster with one covered hopper for Presby at 0830 this morning and came back north thru Lancaster at 1330PM with one empty covered hopper headed towards Groveton. They will be running all winter this year.
  by eustis22

Whatever happened to the GE 44 (50?) tonner belonging to the North Stratford Railroad parked in Pittsburgh (Colebrook?)?
  by b&m 1566

That 44 tonner is owned by the state, not the Conway Scenic. Its only at the Conway Scenic because the state needed some place to store it and not be vandalized. I've been told its for sale.
  by b&m 1566

You looking to buy it?
  by bigfreight

Track crew came north this morning salting and clearing the crossings. At 1400 NHCR 7324 came south thru Lancaster with one covered hopper headed towards Hazen.
  by Fritz

Hello,
Sorry for the late post, but I meant to mention that the NHCR GP9 7324 was shuttling back and forth on the tracks at the shops mid-day on Tuesday. When I first drove by around 1200, the 7324 was parked by the shop building. When I returned later, it was moving south to the south end of the yard, then, after a bit, it moved back north to the office, and, finally, when I left around 1400, they had moved back to the south end of the yard. I am not sure what they were doing, whether they were testing something on the locomotive or using the locomotive to move men and equipment to clear snow. But just thought I would pass that along. There were very few cars left online. I saw nothing stored along the track going north to Cones. In the yard, there were five tank cars on one track, another unloading at Rymes, and two behind the shop building. I have no idea what remains on the Groveton line, although it didn't appear that there had been any trains there in awhile.
Have a good day,
Fritz