• MNR Now Hiring Conductors

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by RearOfSignal

The Conductor Trainee position is now posted on the employment section of the Metro-North Employment page. Get your application in now. The posting will be up through the end of Friday the 15th of January. Tell your friends and relatives. The number of people who applied at the last posting was in the tens of thousands. So it is a very competitive hiring process.

Mods can copy this to Job Posting forum, but I bought it would get more views specifically in this forum.
  by DutchRailnut

start here: https://hcm.mymta.info/psc/HCPRD/SELFSE ... FrameName=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and don't forget reading comprehension is big part of application process, good luck.
  by jkell1234

Tens of thousands? I think I will just walk on this year to Yankees Spring Training.
  by Shelshel490

Does anyone know when classes start for 2016 i am currently awaiting my final offer snd how long will it take to recieve the final offer
  by truck6018

For the last 4 or 5 years there has consistently been a class starting every two month of 12 to 14 students. Don't know what the future will bring.
  by Shelshel490

Thanks...truck6018 that was helpful...well im be patient as much as possible and hope for the best
  by Steamboat Willie

June, August, October, December are planned classes for 2016.
  by Shelshel490

Thanks for the info and the help much appreciated
  by Hudson2640

Those classes aren't for the people who applied in January 2016 are they? Based on that giant MNR hiring thread and other people I've talked to, I was under the assumption that it took 6 months to take the conductors test and 1 1/2 years to get into the class.