• need help

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Justus97

Justus here.. 19yro from Valley Stream. Went to NCC for a year for liberal arts but quit bc its too much work with me workin at the mall :(
Now my moms is kickin me outta the house because I ain't goin to school..... I work 2 jobs. Boost mobile at Green acres and Walmart.. 60 hours a week... its rough!
Long story short.. I was talkin to the conductor when I was going home from a NETS game about gettin a job with the LIRR. I didnt realize they make so much $$$ ! Anyway.. I was lookin at moving into the cunninghamn apts in queens village, but he was tellin me if you live in HOLLIS or JAMAICA I have a better chance at gettin a job???? could I just lie on my job app that I live in HOLLIS? Is it true what he told me???

Thanx! ~Justus
  by DutchRailnut

starting with lies, like were you reside, is going to bite you in ass, don't you have to leave your mailing address ?? on that job application.
Once jobs get advertised on LIRR web site apply, but read the requirements, everytime they want Conductors there is 10 000 applicants.
and even if you get hired they cab fire you anytime if you lied on application, even if probation is over.
  by Datenail

Justus you are exactly what we need on the LIRR. write your apt address and for the town, just write queens, ny. Better you move to brooklyn because then you can write crooklyn. That should be good for a vice presidency on the railroad.