• Hudson, NH Depot

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by b&m 1566

A heads up for those that might be interested to know; this coming Monday, (August 10th) crews will start the process of relocating the depot currently sitting in Benson Park. The project is schedule to take about 2 months to complete. I have no idea where it will be moved to but I imagine it will remain in the park.

http://www.hudsonnh.gov/node/3765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The train depot relocation project is currently scheduled to begin August 10, 2015 and be completed by October 5, 2015.

Please avoid the park's main entrance and seek other access routes to the park.
  by Rockingham Racer

Thanks. OT, but is Benson Park the former Benson Wild Animal Farm on Rt. 111?
  by b&m 1566

Yes it is.
  by Cosmo

Wow,... I didn't know it was no longer Benson's Wild Animal Farm. I remember years ago I got to ride the park train there. Then a few years later the rails were ripped out and shoved aside. Was the station actually part of the Animal Farm attraction, or was it moved there later?
  by ferroequinarchaeologist

The station is the actual B&M depot formerly adjacent to the WN&P route, maybe a quarter mile or so from where it is now. It was not part of the park attractions.

PBM
  by b&m 1566

Some information along with a picture about the station.
There was a Trolley line that bordered Benson's park on the west side but I'm not a ware of any stations. FYI the trolley line crossed under the railroad and the abutments are still in place.