• Looking For Thomas the Tank Engine Printed Material

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by dcm74

Hoping some forum members can be of assistance. I work with an autistic student who absolutely loves anything to do with Thomas and Friends. If anyone has any old or surplus catalogs or other printed material they'd be willing to donate, please PM me. If anything should show up as a duplicate it would be donated to his school where there are other Thomas enthusiasts. Any and all assistance is appreciated.
  by umtrr-author

I no longer have it but there is a full compilation of all of the original Thomas stories in one volume. I read it to my kids when they were much younger.

Chances are that there's a reasonably priced copy out there someplace. If I still had ours I'd send it straight away.
  by Rabid Transit

For what it's worth noting the Thomas the Tank Engine empire is based on the The Railway Series book series by the Rev. W Audrey starting in the '50s, later taken up by his son Christopher.

I mention this because it may be worthwhile to look up used copies of the old books, and that the old book series seems to be overshadowed by the recent "Thomas the Tank Engine" marketing juggernaut. Thomas himself was only a minor character at first.

http://www.sodor-island.net/railwayserieshistory.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;