• Canadian Pacific Police Special Agent Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Jim1348

I applied to an opening for Canadian Pacific Police Special Agent recently. Does anybody know what the hiring process is for this and how competitive it is? The announcement did not list a salary. Is there a way to find that anywhere on line? Also, with regards to equipment, do they have a take home vehicle? Are the officers issued firearms or must Agents supply their own? Are the shifts 8, 10 or 12 hours? How does being on call work for them? Do you typically have to be within say a 1 or 2 hour response time? Is CP one of the railroads with cameras in the locomotive cabs and would they also have that in squad cars, too?
  by Steve F45

most railroads hire retired officers or already certified officers. The department should issue you a duty gun, vehicle no idea. If your not already certified you'll have to attend a police academy.
  by Jim1348

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I retired from local service four years ago. I have been to an academy and I am still certified.