• PW Dash 8 testing on the Branford Steam Railroad

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

Video by "ebtmikado":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb2m1_cNXPk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ebtmikado wrote:Published on Dec 17, 2014

BSRR borrowed Providence & Worcester 4003 to test an engine with dynamic brakes on the steep grades of the quarry railroad.
  by jaymac

Such colliding contrasts:
-Diesels on Branford Steam Railroad
-Concrete ties and Pandrol clips for stick rail
-Roller bearings and friction bearings
There are probably more, but those stuck out.
  by MEC407

It's also the nicest looking industrial shortline I've ever seen. It looks like the Northeast Corridor compared to the easternmost parts of PAR's mainline.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

MEC407 wrote:It's also the nicest looking industrial shortline I've ever seen. It looks like the Northeast Corridor compared to the easternmost parts of PAR's mainline.
It's Branford's pride-and-joy, and also owner Tilcon Connecticut's. Especially given proximity to the Branford Electric trolley trail and Shore Line Trolley Museum. It's a town that really promotes its railway history.

This brand new bridge over CT Route 80 is particularly neat.
  by MEC407

Yes, that is a very cool bridge indeed. When was it built?

I would be surprised if it didn't win the American Institute of Steel Construction's annual "Most Beautiful Steel Bridge" award in the "small bridge" category.
  by DutchRailnut

No friction bearings, the cars are modified ( no cover on ) inside old friction bearing housing is roller bearing adaptor.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

MEC407 wrote:Yes, that is a very cool bridge indeed. When was it built?

I would be surprised if it didn't win the American Institute of Steel Construction's annual "Most Beautiful Steel Bridge" award in the "small bridge" category.
2012. Was part of a 10-years-delayed CDOT widening project on Route 80. Haven't seen any photos of it all lit up at night.

by jaymac

DutchRailnut » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:13 pm
No friction bearings, the cars are modified ( no cover on ) inside old friction bearing housing is roller bearing adaptor.
Thanks for setting things and me straight.