• N&W Business car color scheme

• Discussion related to the Norfolk & Western, up to 1982. Also includes discussion of the Virginian Railway (1959); Wabash; Nickel Plate; Pittsburgh & West Virginia Railway; Akron, Canton & Youngstown Raiload (all 1964); and the Illinois Terminal (1981).
Discussion related to the Norfolk & Western, up to 1982. Also includes discussion of the Virginian Railway (1959); Wabash; Nickel Plate; Pittsburgh & West Virginia Railway; Akron, Canton & Youngstown Raiload (all 1964); and the Illinois Terminal (1981).
  by TCurtin

Back in 1968 I was on a fantrip that had an N&W heavyweight business car in the consist. i vaguely recall this car having a blue and yellow color scheme. Does that sound right? Where's there a photo of wat that would have looked like?
  by Noel Weaver

Blue was used quite a bit on the former Wabash and after the N & W took over the Wabash and others I seem to think they used the blue for some locomotives and passenger cars for a period before the passenger cars went back to red and the locomotives generally to black.
Noel Weaver
  by TCurtin

Charlie, The photo you posted may be the colors of the car I'm wondering about , I honestly do not remember the precise details. 45 years is a long time to carry colors in your head!!

If you keep old issues of Trains (or have the Trains magazine DVD set) look at pp 38-39 0f the March 69 isssue which has photos of the fantrip I'm talking about. The N&W Business car is the second car behind the locomotive (which is NKP 759. First car behind the locomotive is a baggage car). The photos are unfortunately all black & white shots and kind of dark.

Tom