• The Railroad Was Our Life!

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by jaymac

If you're at all undecided about whether to get the newly-available The Railroad Was Our Life! by Mike Enos and contributions from -- among others -- this forum's own bmcdr, get it.
If you think the price is more than you want to spend, calculate the number of hours you'd spend and cups of coffee you'd buy to get the stories and see the photos, not to mention the differences between schedule 24-RL and 26-L brakes that mere mortal civilians might never otherwise get to know.
Apologies to the management if this violates any policies, but the book is that good!

EDIT: I should have mentioned it in the original posting, but I got the book through B&MRRHS.
  by Dick H

I could not find the book on the B&MRRHS Website.
However, the Bedford Depot Group has it for sale on their
website, along with many other B&M books and DVDs, etc.

Run this URL and scroll down to the fourth book for
"The railrod was our life".

http://www.bedforddepot.org/store/page7.html
  by Cactus Jack

I got a copy and enjoyed it.

It is like sitting down over coffee and talking to an old-timer and looking over his pictures. It is a railroaders reminisce not a corporate history and gives a good idea of what it was like working on the B&M in the past.
  by bmcdr

Mike Enos is working on a second book as we speak.
  by jaymac

Thanks, David, for the good news. Looking forward to it!