Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
  by CLamb

I am re-posting the following message from the Archaeological Society of New Jersey mailing list.

The National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) is planning on replacing H-Framed metal transmission towers that stand on both sides of the Passaic River, one in the City of Newark, Essex County, and one in the Town of Kearny, Hudson County. The towers are within the property of the Conrail Shared Assets Passaic and Harsimus Branch, formerly the Pennsylvania Rail Road New York Bay Branch. The tracks are carried over the river on the Point-No-Point swing bridge that is part of the PRR Historic District. A total of six free standing transmission poles are planned to replace the two existing towers.

Gannett Fleming is conducting a Phase IA Archaeological Assessment for the proposed project including examination of geotechnical borings.

If you are aware of any archaeological resources that may be affected by the project please contact me at [email protected] or (856) 802-9930. Thank you.

John W. Martin, RPA | Cultural Resources Manager

Gannett Fleming, Inc. | Atrium I, Suite 300 ¨ 1000 Atrium Way, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054

t (856) 802-9930 x8133 | c (609) 238-8849 | f (856) 802-9937

Excellence Delivered As Promised

Gannett Fleming is ISO 9001:2008 Certified.