• Derailment in Mohawk, NY

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Steve F45

pictures on nysw fb page showing all 3 units on the ground in a twisted heap of metal. Lead engine is CSX SD70MAC nose deep in the mud and muck of a field it looks like. Crew reportedly in hospital, unknown on extent of injuries. Second engine is a CSX GE trailing was BNSF GE.
  by Steve F45

more pics posted, looks like a mixed freight that hit the ground. Cars are all over the place, debris everwhere.

2 Detours are supposedly already getting ready to come down the NYSW Syracuse line to get into NJ.
  by Steve F45

2 trains involved, Q364-26 and Q641. Unsure what exactly happened, side swipe? or one hit others wreckage?
  by sd80mac

Steve F45 wrote:pictures on nysw fb page showing all 3 units on the ground in a twisted heap of metal. Lead engine is CSX SD70MAC nose deep in the mud and muck of a field it looks like. Crew reportedly in hospital, unknown on extent of injuries. Second engine is a CSX GE trailing was BNSF GE.
where did u see bnsf??? SD70 is in the ditch right behind the road. I could see that all 3 locomotives are csx...
  by Steve F45

sd80mac wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:pictures on nysw fb page showing all 3 units on the ground in a twisted heap of metal. Lead engine is CSX SD70MAC nose deep in the mud and muck of a field it looks like. Crew reportedly in hospital, unknown on extent of injuries. Second engine is a CSX GE trailing was BNSF GE.
where did u see bnsf??? SD70 is in the ditch right behind the road. I could see that all 3 locomotives are csx...
the pic i saw is dark and underexposed, the csx yellow looked orange like bnsf. my mistake.
  by charlie6017

As is per normal when these things occur, there are two separate open threads discussing the same
derailment, so we'll close this and defer to the open thread in the New York State forum.

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 8&t=150997" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charlie