• P&W Gondolas dose anyone know anything about them?

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

by scharnhorst

I'm wondering if you guys can tell me anything about P&W's Gondola fleet 16 of them showed up in Auburn, NY on Feb 22ed 2013 to be loaded at Nucor Steel the cars have been in storage for close to 8 years or more on the Finger Lakes Railway down at the abandoned Seneca Army Depot.
Anyone know who owned these cars before P&W got them? they all appear to be remarks and have a rebuild date of December 1980 and no other info on them.
I did note 2 cars with both ends painted Yellow what dose this mean?

The gons that I have taken photos of are:
20015 - Yellow Painted ends
20028 - Yellow Painted ends
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by kitn1mcc

maybe they need cars to ship stuff to KLoeckner metals in middletown ct
  by scharnhorst

kitn1mcc wrote:maybe they need cars to ship stuff to KLoeckner metals in middletown ct
Nucor Steel bought the cars from P&W from what I heard as of last week from Finger Lakes RY crews. The cars are full of moss and small trees are growing in the cars after sitting in storage for 8 years on the FGLK.