• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by northjerseybuff

Well its time to post the inevitable. Its over..35 days and nothing moving with crews training or anything else. Por que? the trains are not coming over our way. We've been strung along now for over 2 years on this thread. None of the predictions have come to fruition. Why? Because its all rumors and speculation. No facts have EVER been posted to prove these trains are coming. I am the biggest fan of the line and want 5-10 freights a day on it. The fact is NS wants nothing to do with it. So the bet will go my way and to whoever else had the trains NOT coming in 2012. I hope at some point down the road NS sees use for the line.
I can predict already future dates of trains coming...later in 2013...then when Portageville is replaced in 2014/2015...and so it goes.
I will check back on here when a NYSW detour move happens or when the circus trains comes through, other than that we won't see any more through traffic. I will start up a thread called "River Sub" in NYS as this is where the action is.
See you all trackside!
  by nysw3636

northjerseybuff wrote:Well its time to post the inevitable. Its over..35 days and nothing moving with crews training or anything else. Por que? the trains are not coming over our way. We've been strung along now for over 2 years on this thread. None of the predictions have come to fruition. Why? Because its all rumors and speculation. No facts have EVER been posted to prove these trains are coming. I am the biggest fan of the line and want 5-10 freights a day on it. The fact is NS wants nothing to do with it. So the bet will go my way and to whoever else had the trains NOT coming in 2012. I hope at some point down the road NS sees use for the line.
I can predict already future dates of trains coming...later in 2013...then when Portageville is replaced in 2014/2015...and so it goes.
I will check back on here when a NYSW detour move happens or when the circus trains comes through, other than that we won't see any more through traffic. I will start up a thread called "River Sub" in NYS as this is where the action is.
See you all trackside!
Chin up!!! The rails are still there and being used (with heavy investments). It is not dormant like Stampade Pass was or Saluda Grade still is. When it becomes a rail trail, then throw up the white flag (or buy beers)...
  by northjerseybuff

Oh I will be having some yuenglings on 1/1/13. And i'm not buying...slurppp
  by sd80mac

northjerseybuff wrote:Oh I will be having some yuenglings on 1/1/13. And i'm not buying...slurppp
Will someone bribe Moorman to get a train over east side before that date?!?!?!?!
  by blockline4180

sd80mac wrote:
northjerseybuff wrote:Oh I will be having some yuenglings on 1/1/13. And i'm not buying...slurppp
Will someone bribe Moorman to get a train over east side before that date?!?!?!?!
LOL, how much money you thinkin??? Will 2 grand do the trick???
  by sd80mac

blockline4180 wrote:
sd80mac wrote:
LOL, how much money you thinkin??? Will 2 grand do the trick???
not much i guess... why? he's railfan! i'm sure that he want to defeat that NJBuff's predication...

or not...

LOL!!!
  by northjerseybuff

One train detour was not the bet..regular through trains...as in 13t/12t. Another day closer....34
  by DutchRailnut

With Signal upgrade, any engine for any company leading a move needs to be Equipped with proper Cab signal ATC/ACSES system or its a No-Go
  by SecaucusJunction

They are going to be installing PTC on almost every main line in the United States. It has no effect on whether NS will use the line or not. And there would be no change for NS as cab signals are already required in NJ. It would more effect the NYSW who will need to install the equipment on their locomotives.
  by DutchRailnut

I don't think NS has any locomotives with ACSES as of now, neither does NYS&W
  by northjerseybuff

25 days left...slurrrrpppppp...can't wait for those cold yuenglings!!
  by K4Pacific

Delays. Delays. Nothing but delays. I will most certainly honor that Yeungling agreement. Hell now I'm thirsty. We got D&H crap going on the roulette of change up here.
  by SecaucusJunction

Plan Implementation doesn't seem to be one of NS's strong points. It's not just in this region. I understand things can be complicated, but I don't see how things can sit so long. They had a hiring session in Croxton a week or so ago, but I don't know if it was for this. Apparently it isn't the most attractive place to work on the NS system.