• Train Crew Uniforms

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by trainman2

I am going to be volunteering as a member of the passenger train crew at a local tourist railroad, and I would like to know where to obtain the proper uniform items, such as conductor/trainman hats, hat badges, ticket punches, etc.
  by njtconductor

:wink: Go to universal uniforms in newark. You can take the train to newark penn. Walkup market street until you come to broad then turn left croos the steet and walk down until you see williams street. Williams street will be around where city hall is ( the building with the big gold dome). Walk down williams street it will be down on the right. If you want carry a good weapon with you people will try to rob you if yopu look like you don't know what you are doing there.
Good Luck.
  by trainman2

Universal Uniforms? Sounds like a good idea.

It also might be a good idea to take a cab there from Penn Station.

Thanks for the info.
Last edited by trainman2 on Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Guest

trainman2 wrote:I am going to be volunteering as a member of the passenger train crew at a local tourist railroad, and I would like to know where to obtain the proper uniform items, such as conductor/trainman hats, hat badges, ticket punches, etc.
Check with Transquip at : http://www.transquip.net/

They sell uniforms, punches, etc.

LC

by CSX Conductor

look on E-Bay.com also. you can find anything to do with railroads....and if you don't find what you're looking for, you can also find a wide variety of weapons for when you go to that place in Newark. lol

by Lehigh Valley Railroad

All of mine were passed odwn from Family members, on the LVRR.

by Engineer Spike

When I quallified for passenger service on BN, I had to deadhead to Chicago to be fitted. My uniform even came with the brass buttons with the BN logo.