• Gallipolis, Ohio/Point Pleasant WV

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by iceman977th

I passed thru here the other day from Albany, Ohio (picking up a camper shell for my pickup) and followed a line from Albany to Gallipolis, which I assume is the NS West Virginia Secondary. However, when crossing the line so it's on the north side of the road, the signal identification signs were labelled as CSX (IIRC). I read somewhere that CSX does have trackage rights over this part of the line, but for where? And did there use to be another rail line that ran south of Gallipolis on the Ohio side? You can plainly see the ROW location through most of the town (it looks like it's been turned into a trail of some sort).
  by rogruth

The C&O ran from Logan to Gallipolis and then to Pomeroy.There was never a railroad south of Gallipolis on the Ohio side of the river.