• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by charlie6017

Oh..........back around 35 pages ago we discussed having beers on New Year's Day at the Erie Hotel (Callicoon I think?) to
celebrate the "East End" opening back up to through traffic. While it appears to be getting closer with the definite upgrade
of track, I have a sense that perhaps we'll see some traffic while downing a few cold ones. Who knows for sure!

You guys still planning on this?? :-)

I'm actually shocked that we have been discussing this (the added traffic) for a good 35 pages!

Charlie
  by oibu

Oh, I know about that. I was just seeking further confirmation from K4 that something is in fact coming down the pike (literally, not figuratively) soon! Beyond just the chance for a cold one...
  by northjerseybuff

Not calicoon, Port Jervis at the Erie Hotel. See you all on 1/1/13
  by charlie6017

That's right......Port Jervis. Thank you--I knew Callicoon didn't sound right.

Charlie
  by oibu

Yes, Erie is in Port Jervis, Western Hotel is in Callicoon but closed I believe.

Why not make it a Delaware Div. pub crawl... Erie Hotel, Rohmans in SHohola, Narrowsburg Inn, Sidetracks in Callicoon, Long eddy Hotel, Bluestone in Hancock, not sure now about Deposit since Cuzins is closed... maybe Koo Koose Grill? (haven't tried it yet)
  by northjerseybuff

haha..I like your thinking OIBU!
  by nysw3636

What about III Cheers in Cochecton on Cochecton Road?? :)
  by charlie6017

I'm game for any of 'em! Are these establishments near trackside?
  by tim5405

don't forget about the lackawaxen house right next to the yard in lackawaxen
  by blockline4180

northjerseybuff wrote:Not calicoon, Port Jervis at the Erie Hotel. See you all on 1/1/13

You are all serious about this right?? You will definitely be there?? If so, I may sleep at my friends house again in Waymart, Pa New Years Eve and then head on over there the evening of January 1st!!!
  by charlie6017

I do plan on coming...........hopefully the weather will be decent! I have never seen the line east of Bingo,
so I'm looking forward to all of it!

Charlie
  by northjerseybuff

I will be there..mid afternoon..I believe a train gets in around 2ish?
  by SecaucusJunction

1:30, bur remember, he doesn't stop anywhere in Bergen County until Route 17. Suffern might be a better choice because you can't really get back to Route 17 without a transfer until after 10:00pm.

But enough about beer... I can get that any time... I haven't seen a through train on the Tier in a decade... when are they coming?!?!
  by northjerseybuff

When are they coming? good question SJ. At an undisclosed time in the future usually a month or two away often referred to as x day that comes and goes and then are told to be patient until the next undisclosed time about a month or two in the future is picked. They are not coming by 1/1/13.