• Historical Photo Help

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Sid Farkus

Hello, I provided a photo I found of Erie Lackawanna at Wyckoff back in 1964. Anyone here know why EL was running on the NYSW?

by NYSW3022

Yes.. It was a fan trip that originated in Hoboken, ran up the old Erie Main swung onto the NYS&W at Hawthorne Junction, then ran to SJ swung south onto the L&HR and returned to the EL at Andover junction. The date of the trip was October 17th, 1964. Two pictures of this trip, one at Butler, the other at New Green Pond junction are in the NYS&W in Color book by Paul Tupaczewski.
  by Sid Farkus

Thanks for the reply. Figured it was a fan trip, but didn't know the information on it.
  by NYSW3022

If I had to guess, due to the date of October 17th, it may have had something to do with the 4th anniversary of the Erie-Lackawanna. It may just as well be purely coincidental.