• Did A C420 Ever Make It To Edgewater?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Earle Baldwin

I'm in the planning stages of modeling NYS&W operations on the Hudson and curious as to whether either of the two C420s ever ran to Edgewater. During the branch's final years, some unlikely units including B40-8 4002 and a Guilford C424m made their way there but I've been unable to find any photographic evidence of either C420 in Edgewater. Would anyone happen to know if a C420 ran to Edgewater at some point?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
  by Steve F45

i have a few slides i won offebay of nysw edgewater ops. i'll have to dig thru them and see what's roaming around in them.

i'de also love to see your model once complete.
  by njmidland

The low nose C420 (was it the 2000?) pulled an early inspection trip through the tunnel and into Edgewater. Don't know if it ever pulled a freight train to Edgewater.