• Baldwin Locomotives round plate with No. 5 Pic Included.

• Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.
Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.

Moderator: lumpy72

by iquench01

I have a Baldwin Locomotive Works round plate with the No. 5 in the middle. (Please see Pic) The plate is not wood it is all cast iron. It looks authentic. I have no clue what these things are worth and was wondering if someone in the forum can help me with information regarding the plate and value.

Thank you
Mike
  by kevin.brackney

How, or where did you get it? I know that many of them may have become excess when headlights were repositioned from just forward of the stack to centered on the smoke box door. It does look authentic.
  by iquench01

I found it while cleaning out a garage. It was in a box wrapped with a blanket. I'm guessing its not a true original just for the fact that its too clean and there are no marking on the back of the plate . Would really like if someone in the forum could give me some insight to its originality and value.