• Passenger Car near Old Wab. Shops

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by ToledoTerminalRy

I was out 4-wheeling last week when I came across a Passenger Car sitting on the old Wabash shop lead? Its under the north-west end of the I-75 Maumee Bridge behind the few oil tanks on that side. Anyone know what this is - I couldnt stop and check it out in detail and havent had the chance to go back. You may catch a slight glimpse of it going south looking back, on I-75 but other than going right down to it you may not see it.

This isnt the passenger car from a few years ago that was just poking around Toledo in different yards and now has a resting place is it?

Ryan

Ill try to go back and get a picture or something - soon.

by nycrick

The MU commuter car you saw is the one that the short lived Toledo Central was going to use. If you don't remember the TC, it was the tourist line that was going to use the Cloverleaf ROW along the AW Trail a few years ago. I don't know why they didn't take it back to Cleveland. It was put behind that fence to cut down on vandalism, I don't think that idea worked! :(

by ToledoTerminalRy

hopefully my eyes are bad because I didn't see a fence :P

Ryan

by nycrick

My eyes are really bad, maybe I was just seeing things that don't exsist! I wear tri-focal glasses, I could've just seen one of lines in my lens and thought it was a fence. I was back there in September. :(
  by ShootingSurvivor

Passenger car referred to the same one(s) still sitting near I-75? And who owns them?

Anyone have any more info on the previous effort to establish a passenger service along the former Cloverleaf along AWT?

Thanks! Rick