• Where is Tim Mellon these days?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by reddcapp

30 some years ago Tim Mellon of the Mellon Bank gang got a X-mass present of the B&M railroad. He then ran the railroad preety close into the ground after a mjor strike. So far I have not heard much about this recluse billionare..I am Swickley PA and no one has seen him in years.
  by jaymac

Courtesy of Moderator MEC407, you can scroll through and find a photo of Messr. Mellon and some of his closest business friends:

Re: "Pan Am Clipper" Newsletter
by MEC407 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:46 pm

The latest issue of the Clipper is online: http://www.panamrailways.com/xpress/2011q3.pdf
  by MEC407

While I understand the curiosity, we don't discuss people's private lives here. In the end it doesn't really matter where he's living; he's still the majority owner of the company, as far as anyone "on the outside" can tell.

Let's leave it at that. Thanks.