Railroad Forums 

• Portsmouth Branch Activity

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1571211  by gokeefe

The description of the Waterville shops is absolutely priceless "including Pan Am’s time-warp Waterville Shops in Maine". Completely true as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#1571662  by MECFAN

They are loading 11 gons with scrap ties that have been piled at Rockingham for years. The 2 engines are D0-1"s power and crew.
 #1571684  by MECFAN

The tie cars plus all the propane and freight that was sitting on the Portsmouth siding are now sitting at the Highliner switch and power tied down at the yard. total of 28 cars I believe. The OCS is tied down at Rockingham.
 #1571845  by highrail

They had just left the Portsmouth Branch and are now headed to Dover...green signal ahead at Durham. Almost impossible to get a good angle to get the station and the train in the picture. As an aside, the plaque on the station notes that it was built in Lynn, MA and moved here in 1918

Steve
 #1571990  by arthur d.

As of Saturday evening, 319 and 351 appeared to be spending the weekend in Portsmouth yard, although I know in the past a crew has been dispatched to retrieve them. From the shine on the rails, it seems all the yard tracks have been getting some use lately.
 #1572070  by Jonathan603

Yes both engines were in the yard over the weekend.

The tie pile at Rockingham has completely gone. Looks very tidy there right now. May throw the drone up later to get a shot of it looking squeaky clean.
 #1572078  by newpylong

Someone must have put up a stink to get them to remove them. The number of discarded tie mountains around the system is quite high.
 #1572085  by Jonathan603

Here is a shot from lunch time today. By pure chance DO-1 was arriving at Rockingham from Portsmouth so I included it in the shot. They have cleared a large number of ties from the side of the branch line as well as some brush. Looks very open and clear now.