Railroad Forums 

• Pope Service on ACL and NEC (with Connecting Pope Service)

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1349450  by Rockingham Racer

jamesinclair wrote:
philipmartin wrote:Amtrak will have extra trains. http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/591/274/Amt ... 5-040a.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not for New Jersey residents theyre not. The grand total of two (2) extra trains they've so graciously offered are for the market south of Philly.
Not correct. There are extra trains on both sides of Philadelphia.
 #1349497  by jamesinclair

Rockingham Racer wrote:
jamesinclair wrote:
philipmartin wrote:Amtrak will have extra trains. http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/591/274/Amt ... 5-040a.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not for New Jersey residents theyre not. The grand total of two (2) extra trains they've so graciously offered are for the market south of Philly.
Not correct. There are extra trains on both sides of Philadelphia.
Im not seeing that on the link provided?
 #1349632  by philipmartin

Transit is advertising extra service and seats into New York this Thursday and Friday, midmorning and late afternoon. Nothing more specific. No information other than this, even for ticket agents.
Apparently slots are not a problem off peak.
Lets hope the Amtrak power supply stays OK those two days.
 #1350195  by Ken W2KB

philipmartin wrote:Friday morning at Middletown, NJ: no extra trains; noo extra people, in fact, there were fewer people than usual traveling in the morning, yesterday and today.
I passed the High Bridge station about 9:30 this morning and the parking lot had about 40 percent fewer cars than then usual.
 #1350250  by MACTRAXX

Passaic River Rat wrote:I think we all saw the same thing so far: The New York Popemageddon did not happen.
Ken W2KB wrote:I passed the High Bridge station about 9:30 this morning and the parking lot had about 40 percent fewer cars than then usual.
PRR and Ken: Take note, Philadelphia - in which Center City is in a shutdown mode primarily from Friday all the way through midday Monday...

Manhattan - even with the huge number of dignitaries at the UN - and with the frozen zones and closures - kept things as normal
as can be with all these VIPs and with many visitors primarily wishing to take a glimpse of the Pope...Gridlock - though probable -
did NOT happen...

MACTRAXX
 #1350286  by chuchubob

Atlantic City Line trains departed AC on the hour from 6 AM to 2 PM running nonstop to 30th Street Station. I photographed four of them in Westmont, nearly one hour after their departures. All trains were powered by an ALP45-DP and had five Comer II/IV coaches and a Comer V cab car.

8 AM departure
9 AM departure
10 AM departure
12 noon departure