Railroad Forums 

• Planning a Trip to the Reading and Northern

• The Reading Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad (reporting mark RBMN) (a.k.a. Reading and Northern Railroad) is a regional railroad operating in eastern Pennsylvania. Website: http://www.rbmnrr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Reading Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad (reporting mark RBMN) (a.k.a. Reading and Northern Railroad) is a regional railroad operating in eastern Pennsylvania. Website: http://www.rbmnrr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #910131  by Railfan1588

Hi,

I am planning on making a trip to the Reading and Northern in a couple of weeks to do some railfanning. I'm targeting operations on their former Reading branches.

What is the schedule for operations out of Tamaqua and Port Clinton during the weekdays?

Is there currently anything using the former L&NE line between Tamaqua and Landsford?

What locations are currently loading Anthracite coal?

Thanks,
Nicholas Marakovits
 #912096  by Schuylkill Valley

Nick, you should contact R&N They should be able to tell you better then us. Phone#. 610-562-2100. Ask for Tyler Glass. He's the VP of all Operation.
The women who answers the phone isn't too friendly to railfans.
Good luck,
Len.
 #914346  by GP30 5513

Schuylkill Valley wrote:Nick, you should contact R&N They should be able to tell you better then us. Phone#. 610-562-2100. Ask for Tyler Glass. He's the VP of all Operation.
The women who answers the phone isn't too friendly to railfans.
Good luck,
Len.
Very much agreed. Tyler took me on a private tour of their PN Engine Facility 2 years ago, and is a really nice guy. Don't expect a private tour though.

Len is 110% correct about the receptionist. I nearly had my head bitten off asking about the ex-Conrail PD coach sitting in Cressona Yard.
 #957894  by rwk

The director of the passenger department is a woman. She sometimes answers the phone if you call the rr. Her name is Laura. It used to be a man, but I guess he retired. I thought Therman Madeira was the passenger department head at one time?
 #960651  by Schuylkill Valley

Therman W. Madeira still works for R&N in the passenger Dept. you'll see him at the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway most of the time. Laura A. Kennedy is in charge of the Passenger Dept. I might add A very nice girl.

Len.