Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#35482  by DutchRailnut

ABCD track testing where ?? Pueblo. unless they get approved it won't get outside the gate unless its towed to Pueblo.
no acces to general railway system of USA unless it gets approved as locomotive first at test track in pueblo.

#35502  by ABCD

ABCD track testing where ?? Pueblo. unless they get approved it won't get outside the gate unless its towed to Pueblo.
no acces to general railway system of USA unless it gets approved as locomotive first at test track in pueblo.
Dutch, What I meant was Alstom has it's own mini test track.

#35534  by DutchRailnut

Ok even with 2 locomotives almost done but not approved, it leaves Alstom only 24 weeks to built and complete and deliver 33 locomotives.
I see huge claim and penalty coming from NJT plus the requirement for Alstom to make the units comply with next step of EPA rules at Alstom's cost, after which the units won't comply with contractual horsepower ratings. I can see this getting ugly.

#35536  by nick11a

DutchRailnut wrote:Ok even with 2 locomotives almost done but not approved, it leaves Alstom only 24 weeks to built and complete and deliver 33 locomotives.
I see huge claim and penalty coming from NJT plus the requirement for Alstom to make the units comply with next step of EPA rules at Alstom's cost, after which the units won't comply with contractual horsepower ratings. I can see this getting ugly.
It's certainly possible. We'll just have to wait and see which way the wind blows....

#40393  by Irish Chieftain

Movin' us forward...

#40408  by jspsh

The PL42AC kind of resembles a diesel version of the ALP-46

At least this picture makes it seem so

#40409  by nick11a

Yep, that's the artist's rendition from TR's site. Yeah, it resembles the ALP46. I like the design, TR hates it. We'll just have to wait and see them in action to wait for final judgement.

#43034  by dave76

Does anyone know what kind of trucks these units will come with? Bloomberg?

#43185  by Mr Met

any new pictures of the test train

also will metro north be getting any PL42AC's for WOH service

#43196  by njt4172

Mr. Met,

Metro-North is NOT getting any of the EMD varieties for the East of Hudson service....I believe they have on order another 10-12 GE genesis P32 units to replace the remaining F unit fleet. If they get any more engines for the Port Jervis line they will probably be F40's...

Steve

#43203  by Mr Met

Thanks

#44585  by Mr Met

any new news or pictures

#44611  by nick11a

Mr Met wrote:any new news or pictures
As far as I know not yet. But as soon as something does surface, you'll see it reported in here by somebody.

#44621  by ABCD

Nothing for pictures yet, the first one left Hornell last week and is on the way to Colorado. Maybe someone along it's route will capture it. The 2nd one out of Hornell is due to leave next week for Chicago for testing.

That's about all I know right now.

#47101  by sullivan1985

njt4172 wrote:Mr. Met,

Metro-North is NOT getting any of the EMD varieties for the East of Hudson service....I believe they have on order another 10-12 GE genesis P32 units to replace the remaining F unit fleet. If they get any more engines for the Port Jervis line they will probably be F40's...

Steve
A few new F40's wouldn't bother me at all... For some reason, i really like F40s. Especially the MTA 4191-4194 with the Red/White/Silver paint jobs. They are just very appealing to the eye.