Railroad Forums 

• Photos of Susquehanna Transfer Station and Buses

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#787211  by Otto Vondrak

I'm looking for photos of Susquehanna Transfer station, plus any pictures of the buses that served it. Were they NYSW buses, or contract-operated by someone else? I did some searches and couldn't come up with much. Someone point me in the right direction?

-otto-
 #787329  by Noel Weaver

Of course the mid 1960's predate New Jersey Transit so the buses were Public Service. Window 51 at the P A Bus Terminal
had a sign on it "Susquehanna Tickets". I guess they did that for the Susquehanna under contract.
Susquehanna Transfer was not much of a station, mostly a platform although there may have been a building there at one
time too. I have some slides of this operation but they are buried away.
Noel Weaver
 #787341  by ExCon90

Yes, the buses were operated by Public Service Coordinated Transport under contract to the NYS&W, and I think I remember seeing some buses painted for the Susquehanna. There was a rudimentary but not unattractive building similar in appearance to the one at Paterson City, with a heated waiting room (westbound buses sometimes arrived before the eastbound train--the schedule permitted the trains only a 5-minute turnaround at Paterson City and at Susquehanna Transfer). You might try the N&S&W Technical & Historical Society at http://www.nyswths.org, although a lot of what they have seems to be contemporary. (There might even be a tech society for Public Service Coordinated Transport.)