Railroad Forums 

• Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington Railroad?

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#1234317  by rrbluesman

I am an architect assisting in the restoration of a railroad station in Ridgely, MD. Amongst the research I have done on the line I know that it was operated by the Pennsylvania Railroad and it's successors, but I find financing and construction of the station buildings ion what became the Oxford Branch to be affiliated with the Delaware Railroad and the Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington Railroad. Were the stations constructed on the branch all designed similarly? Did the PRR build or modify some of them to their standards? Does anyone know if building a valuation records of the structures exist at the Hagley museum or the Maryland archives? I've been through the Delaware archives and they have deed records but no building valuation records. Any help is useful, thanks!
 #1234401  by hutton_switch

Try the National Archives in College Park, MD. They have valuation photo collections of structures from all the major railroads. Contact there should be David Pfeiffer, though I don't have a phone number for him. Web site for the National Archives should be http://www.nara.gov.

Wade