Railroad Forums 

• Pennington, NJ

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1506010  by b&m 1566

I happen to catch this house for sale on the side of my screen as advertisement. At first glance, I was taken back at how it was built to resemble a train station but when I looked closers I saw the double doors on each side. Knowing that was very common back in the 1800's for men and woman, I clicked on it immediately and come to fine out it is an old train station from Pennington, NJ.
 #1506025  by amtrakhogger

Nice.
 #1506100  by Ken W2KB

b&m 1566 wrote:I happen to catch this house for sale on the side of my screen as advertisement. At first glance, I was taken back at how it was built to resemble a train station but when I looked closers I saw the double doors on each side. Knowing that was very common back in the 1800's for men and woman, I clicked on it immediately and come to fine out it is an old train station from Pennington, NJ.
I did note that the real estate ad did not mention the existence of a still busy and active freight line in the station-now-house's backyard. ;-) One of the many photos, if the reader looks very carefully to the background on the right, shows the track.
 #1506314  by JasW

Yep, that former Reading station is right on the active CSX Trenton Subdivision line. Maybe the original platform is the backyard patio!

EDIT: I was joking, but additional photos from a realtor site shows the platform really is the backyard patio, right next to the tracks.
Pennington Station Backyard.jpg