Railroad Forums 

• PAR GP40-2Ws (MEC 500 Series)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1366405  by MECFAN

Friend called me at 15:05 and said he saw MEC 500 on flat on a westbound at Rollingsford, probably on POED
 #1366456  by thebigham

^Picture here:

http://photos.nerail.org/s/?p=227701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRS 500's LAST JOURNEY

She sat unloved for years at the shop complex in Waterville, ME. For a brief time there was talk of her return to the rails. Alas GMTX sealed her fate in 2013 when she was sold from Pan Am Railways. She quietly passes Rockingham Jct on a cold bleak January day in mid January of 2016.

Photographed by Christopher Shannon , January 15, 2016.
 #1417746  by ericofmaine

I ended up rereading the whole thread instead of going to the last page for some reason. All of the discussion of retiring units got me to thinking: What's the status of the 500 and 513 that were shipped out a while ago?

Thanks,

Eric
 #1417760  by EDFLD Bill

ericofmaine wrote:I ended up rereading the whole thread instead of going to the last page for some reason. All of the discussion of retiring units got me to thinking: What's the status of the 500 and 513 that were shipped out a while ago?

Thanks,

Eric
All done and gone. Those carcases were sold to LTE last year to be parted out.
 #1537696  by Stephen

So I was looking at the LTEX facilites in McDonald and Warren Ohio on Google Maps and saw this at Warren.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.1836327 ... !1e3?hl=en

Most of the locomotives you can't see the sides but that one you can just make out the big G.
Considering it is not on a track, but next to one, it sure could be 500.
The date stamp on the Google image page suggests that this image is from 2020, but I am not sure based on other areas with the same year that have too much green folliage.

Just thought it was an interesting visual.

Side note - it sure looks like the focus on LTEX's current activities are in Warren and not McDonald. All of the newer purchases seem to be sitting in Warren.

Have a good one,
Stephen