Railroad Forums 

• P&W Locomotive Fleet

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#881541  by 161pw165

No changes to any of the three. All are in service in the area in "as delivered" livery except for the already mentioned renumbering / relettering. With P&W's power crunch, they'll probably stay this way for a while.
 #881586  by PAR381

All 3 B40-8W's are returning on BOPW from the power plant in Bow NH this afternoon the 16th of Dec

Rich B
 #887190  by daylight4449

161pw165 wrote:As reported in a P&W Yahoo group, the 4005 arrived at Plainfield for painting.
into P&W colors? or just touchup to the warbonnet?
 #887380  by daylight4449

daylight4449 wrote:
161pw165 wrote:As reported in a P&W Yahoo group, the 4005 arrived at Plainfield for painting.
into P&W colors? or just touchup to the warbonnet?
is there any pics of her in plainfield?
 #887441  by PAR381

The 4005 will be painted in full P&W colors.

Should take 4 to 6 weeks to complete the paint job, look for photos after that time.

Rich B
 #887447  by daylight4449

PAR381 wrote:The 4005 will be painted in full P&W colors.

Should take 4 to 6 weeks to complete the paint job, look for photos after that time.

Rich B
come onnnn! i'm already waiting for MBTA #10. do i have to wait for more stuff?
 #887476  by CSX Conductor

daylight4449 wrote:
DutchRailnut wrote:first it was cab, now its nose ?? what is it ???
cab, nose (same meaning), the front of the engine. sorry if i wasn't clear enough
Sorry, but Dutch is right. The cab & the nose ARE NOT the same. The cab would be the area in which the crew is located (operating compartment), whereas the nose is the forward part of the locomotive.
 #887477  by TrainManTy

daylight4449 wrote:

Rich B
come onnnn! i'm already waiting for MBTA #10. do i have to wait for more stuff?
Yep.
 #887478  by CSX Conductor

As far as paint schemes, as much as I like the P&W scheme I would like to see these units stay in the BNSF colors. I saw one of them a few weeks ago in Providence and it looked very sharp.
 #893962  by daylight4449

Rich B
so it's been almost a month. any word on if 4005 is done?
 #893992  by jaymac

daylight4449-
Yup, the PW red-and-white scheme looked sharp -- for a while. Four-stroke exhaust had and -- even with computers -- still has a way of schmutzing up white. The NS geo cars have white roofs and are EMD-hauled, at least when they've been on PAS.
 #894076  by PAR381

Work on the 4005 is proceeding slowly as of last Friday it was still being sanded and cleaned up for paint. As usual the P&W does a very high quality job on their paint jobs...

RIch B