Railroad Forums 

• Original Dover Street Headhouse

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1551802  by The MTA Blue Egg

Anyone have a good scan of the original Dover Street Station Headhouse, specifically pages 271 and 276 of the HAER Report on the Washington Street Elevated? Or any other of the original headhouse drawings, Thompson Sq., Battery, State, etc. The scans from the LOC website PDF leave a lot to be desired and I can't find better inmages elsewhere on the Web. Thanks
Mike
 #1552003  by The MTA Blue Egg

Probably should've been more general in my post heading. Basicaly looking for any type of Main Line Elevated/Atlantic Ave Elevated Station Drawings (interior, exterior, door, window dimensions etc)
I'd like to try my hand at modeling one of them and I think that the basic dimensions would be the same for all station headhouses.
Mike
 #1552081  by CSRR573

Try and contact the Seashore trolley museum. Worth a shot since they have the Northampton station there and they might have some documents
 #1552096  by The MTA Blue Egg

Thanks I'll give it a try but I'm guessing they probably only have this (see attachments) I understand that what I'm looking for would be 120/122 years old but I'd like to make drawings as close to prototype as possible for a futue model build. I know these stations and structures are long gone but I figure if you can't do it right why do it at all.
Long Live The EL
Mike
 #1552106  by R36 Combine Coach

The MTA Blue Egg wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:59 pm I know these stations and structures are long gone but I figure if you can't do it right why do it at all.
Why not take a visit to Dudley Station (converted to a bus terminal)? Some first hand photos and viewing can help.
 #1552112  by The MTA Blue Egg

Thanks for the tip but I'm more interested in the station houses that were on the Main Line and Atlantic Avenue intermediate stations. Dudley, though designed by Longfellow, was designed as a terminal and though had similar design elements it wasn't the same as the intemediates along the lines.
Mike