Railroad Forums 

• Old Rosebud Static NYC 4-6-4 Hudson

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#15320  by ShayFan

Hello,
This is my first post in a while. Over Easter weekend, I stopped at a antique store in Clifton Forge, VA on the way to Charleston, WV. There, I found an old Rosebud Kitmaster HO New York Central 4-6-4 locomotive kit. It is a static, plastic kit in black plastic. The boiler, cab, frame, and tender are multiple part assemblies. Though not intended to operate on a layout, i still plan on putting Kadee #58s on it. Anyone else have one of these kits?

#15385  by Otto Vondrak

Isn't this similar to the kit offered by Monogram? Would make a good exhibit for a park setting on your layout! Just put a small fence around it to "protect" it.

-otto-

#15471  by jwb1323

I think the Monogram and Rosebud are different kits. I had a Rosebud c. 1960. I always thought locos like this (or the HObbyline Berkshire) were good candidates for a model scrap line. I "rusted" up the Rosebud loco as best I could at age 12 or whatever it was and used it as such.