Railroad Forums 

• Old Passes (1870's)

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#209425  by vicjillson

Not sure if this is the right Forumn, however, can anybody tell me about these passes, are they of value? I rreceived them (along with a lot of post Civil War stuff from my grandfather and would like to display them .

Http://www.motionmemories.com/passes.html
 #210007  by ChiefTroll

I think this post should go on the Delaware and Hudson Forum. Those passes are mostly from prececessor companies of the D&H and its connections at Rouse Point.

Let me guess - is your family from Rouses Point? The reason I ask, is that when I was the D&H Track Supervisor at Plattsburgh I spent more than a few nights at the Holland House, owned by Henry Jillson, who in his other incarnation was a D&H conductor.

Ring a bell?

Gordon Davids
 #210196  by vicjillson

Thanks, Close, but I'm sure that the Henry A. Jillson was related to the Henry C. jullson on one of the passes...Interesting. I must check more into the connection though, thank you

Victor Jillson

#210792  by Dieter

Yes, start a thread on the D&H, but I'm glad you put them in here, or I might have missed them.

Thanks so much for sharing them with us, and don't part with them. They're in remarkable shape, minimal yellowing. However they've been stored, put it all back the same way.

Dieter.