Railroad Forums 

• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1048589  by NYSW4052

Posted on the CSX Systemwide forum around 3pm this afternoon:

"Just to show there's some variety in how things get moved, NYSW 3808 is at Atkinson yard in Madisonville, KY ready for its journey to Syracuse. If you recall, 3810 went through Louisville."

Don't know what train that will put it on, but that means it will go north thru Evansville (if things are, here's the word - normal.)
 #1048597  by NYSW4052

Looking at CSX train info, what 'should' happen is Madisonville to Indianapolis (Avon) on Q514 then Indianapolis to Selkirk on Q364. THEN it will traverse upper NY state several times before landing at Dewitt...

And I can only be as accurate as the sources I find, so here's the source of this train info.
 #1048601  by scottychaos

What is the "CSX Systemwide forum"? (link please?)
I tried googling it, google found some references that mention it, but not the forum itself..

Is there any on-line resource where, once we know the train the locomotive is on, (such as train Q364)
we could somewhat reliably track it?
For example, I would like to try to estimate what time it might pass through Rochester, NY..
the first time! ;)

Do we have the technology? seems we should by now..
but if we do, I don't know where to find it..

thanks,
Scot
 #1048807  by lvrr325

Not even worth arguing about; we know what we saw, didn't expect it in the first place or I would have videotaped the thing and posted that. While I'm nobody in particular, TheMan has been in the industry for years and knows his way around the equipment -
 #1048896  by scottychaos

Steve F45 wrote:interesting that they are starting high and working to the lowest number.
Not necessarily..3800 might be next.
In cases like this, (rebuilds), I doubt the road numbers have any bearing on what order the locomotives are completed..
they are all assigned a number at the start, then "they get done when they get done"..various factors can influence
the sequence they are released..some might require more or less time due to condition, parts needed, etc..
the actual road numbers probably have virtually no influence on that..

even when locos are built brand-new, they often aren't released in consecutive/numerical order..

Scot
 #1049155  by NYSW4052

3808 still sits in Madisonville. As reported on the CSX Systemwide forum at about 11PM Saturday:

"Still in Madisonville, KY according to trace. CSXT probably needs someone from mechanical in Evansville or Nashville to come down and "inspect" it prior to moving. And with the holiday weekend, who knows..."
 #1050804  by NYSW4052

Posted on the CSX Systemwide forum Friday evening at approximately 9:45pm:

"NYSW SD60 3808 caught a ride on Q515-31 to Nashville yesterday. Still there now.

NYSW SD60 3800 on the Paducah and Louisville in Paducah. Currently on the track used for the train to Madisonville. Maybe this time it will go north from Madisonville."

So it now seems that there are two 'new' SD60's that CSX can't seem to get out of KY...