Railroad Forums 

• NYSW hoppers by arterial

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#651484  by newyorkcentral

Today as I was headed to New York City I found 15-16 hoppers on the tracks next to the arterial. My question is where are they going to? I can assume they're headed to points south from Binghamton. These same cars were still sitting around when I came back tonight :-D
 #651545  by lvrr325

Uh, where exactly?

The Arterial is the name used for the combined Routes 5/8/12 to go from the nothern side of Utica to the southern side; in which case you saw cars in storage, since the line between Utica and Binghamton has been out of service down around Norwich for what.. two years almost now? You can't get there from here.
 #651757  by ut-1

These cars are stored near Scheidelman's Warehouse. Believe they may have come north Tuesday night (from the string of hoppers the NYS&W spotted south of Sherburne in late Oct/Nov which was the subject of the earlier thread, "100 Car Freight on Utica Line")
 #654650  by newyorkcentral

Today as I was heading to Utica station I saw yet another string of hoppers by the route 12 foodland warehouse. If this came from the 100 car train(posed in an earlier thread) I would think there would be more to come since the maximum number of cars is 16 or less, maybe 20 :-D