Railroad Forums 

• NYNJ Rail Sightings

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1481212  by rr503

...which they have done!

A few remarks from my travels down there yesterday:

-51st St has seen its weeds cut. Looks like a lawn with tracks now. I assume this is just basic maintenance?

-65th St now has a second customer -- receives something in what looks like pressurized 4 bay covered hoppers. Who are they?

-Who is shipping all those boxcars via NYNJ? There were at least 10 in the yard yesterday.
 #1481213  by gregorygrice

rr503 wrote:...which they have done!

-Who is shipping all those boxcars via NYNJ? There were at least 10 in the yard yesterday.
The boxcars on Track 8? (All the way to the left)
 #1481415  by Ðauntless

More then jut 2 customers as well. I think they are up to at-least 4 different lumber companies.
 #1482008  by rr503

Dunno if you all have seen this, but NYNJ is posting progress pictures for their various projects on their website -- I highly recommend you all check out.

http://nynjr.com/construction-progress/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, the last page of their tariff ( http://www.narps.org/FTs_L-R/FT_NYNJ_8000-B-06.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) seems to list all their rail-marine customers.
 #1495462  by jtunnel

Lots of power at 65th Street today

NYNJR 1501, 2293 and KLWX 253

Happy New Year!
 #1496620  by ConstanceR46

Got a chance to photograph NYNJ today.

-The LIRR gons that were whitelined (blue-lined?) have been joined by a string of beat up GERX gondolas

-Bush Terminal's basically abandoned, no cars except the 2 scraplines.

-How often is Sims served? The track was rusted over from the end of the "yard" to Sims itself.
 #1496637  by rr503

There was some talk of actually finding an operator for SBMT recently. Has that again fallen through?
 #1496695  by Ðauntless

Its the NYC EDC. Takes at least 20 years for a project to be finished and have an operator.