Railroad Forums 

• NYC Steam Locomotive Dispositions

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#65569  by DET760

I'm currently constructing an HO scale display - type layout based on NYC operatiions in the Cleveland, Ohio area for the time period of June, 1953.

Can anyone tell me if NYC Hudson number 5330 was still in active service at that time? I found a photograph of that locomotive dated 1952 in the Fallen Flags Website, however the NYC began to white - line some of these locomotives at about the same time.

Does anyone know where a NYC steam locomotive disposition list or roster can be obtained?

Thanks in Advance......
 #65577  by eddiebear

Try the Bill Edson book on NYC steam power. Go through New York Central System Historical Society NYCSHS up in the NY Central System links. I don't have my copy at work or I'd look up #5330 for you. You should have the book if you want all NYC steam.

#65753  by arnstg

The Bill Edson book shows that 5330 was retired 7/53 and sold for scrap in 54.
 #65848  by DET760

eddiebear and arnstg thank you so much for the information and your quick response.... I was able to locate the Edson book/s and will obtain copies for future reference.

By the way, I appreciate the knolwedge and effort you guys have and put into this forum. Both are invaluable to me.