Railroad Forums 

• NYAR Train Sighting Thread

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1616104  by nyandw

Irving Berlin, the famous songwriter, was an early soldier in Camp Upton, and with all the other men hated to get up in the morning when the bugle blew, so he wrote the song “Oh How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning,” which became an instant success. He got many Broadway performers to come out to the camp and entertain the soldiers in the camp theater and he directed a musical comedy called “Yip Yip Yaphank,” which soon became famous and had a short Broadway run.
 #1619294  by Teutobergerwald

You'll probably get a quicker answer in one of the LIRR/NYA-related groups on Facebook, such as "Long Island Rail Freight," "The Unofficial Long Island Rail Road" or "LIRR Historic Photos." A lot of good pictures, and usually good information in those pages on FB.
 #1619353  by upton

Thanks for the quick reply, however I am not on FB. I live nearby so I will see how all this will develop. Not catching the Yaphank afternoon NY&A freight lately. Did their schedule change?