Railroad Forums 

• NYA Engine Paint Schemes

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #561401  by Anthony RMLI

I have been looking at some NYA pictures and have noticed that there engines are in different paint schemes. Will engines like 261 and 268 be getting the new paint any time soon? With some of the engines I can start to see the green faded so much the MTA blue is showing. I noticed they started to repaint and all of a sudden stopped after doing the 2 GP38-2 and the 2 MP-15s (I think 2 MP-15s)

I would think NYA would want to have matching engines like they once had, without any LIRR showing.

I was also wondering why engines with different paint jobs are spilt up for example. I have seen 271& 270 together and 268&261 Together and then 271 &268 are together. Any reason for this?

Anthony

This is what I mean, the yellow and blue paint is coming through
This looks good.

Anthony
 #561956  by SOO4601

Actually 3 of the NY&A MP15AC's are in the new paint, I assume 155 was left in the Green & White because the paint doesn't look like 159's did yet. And they don't always group the GP38-2s with different paint together, unless that's something new. A year or two ago, I saw 270 & 271, both in new paint, at Duke. But then again I just recently saw 268 & 271 together.

And what's with that yellow going through 261? The yellow on the Blue & Yellow paint scheme was never over there. Is that just primer or something?

Dietrich