Railroad Forums 

• NY&A working NYNJRR

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1282466  by jtunnel

Only had my iPhone, but did catch three NY&A SW1001's working the interchange traffic at 65th Street with the approaching thunderstorm Tuesday evening:

http://youtu.be/12UqK6YFoXw?list=UUvSvV ... qExBUpeAxg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://jtunnel.rrpicturearchives.net/ar ... ?id=103009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1282607  by jayrmli

As long as you know the switches are lined, that yard would be good for kicking cars. If it's the wrong track, it could wind up in the harbor!

Riding that one flatcar though didn't look like much fun. I'd much rather work that yard during a Summer thunderstorm than during the Winter. That yard is brutal that time of year.
 #1282610  by mikey cruz

I think there's derails right in front of the float bridge (at I least I hope so) and ridin the flat car is not liked at some companies.
 #1282614  by jayrmli

Whether it's liked at some companies or not...In my days as a conductor I preferred not to ride if I had the choice. But I prefer to be the hogger and not have to choose. :wink:
 #1282635  by ccutler

jtunnel thanks for posting! wondering if 7 cars to fresh pond is typical daily interchange
 #1282842  by jtunnel

Car was kicked into a string of cars that had been tied down.
I had taken cover under the Belt Parkway, but the Conductor was out in the downpour. A Railroaders life!
Traffic has been pretty steady, and there was additional cars back at the interchange track over by Fourth Avenue.