Railroad Forums 

• NY&A running a Santa Train this year?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #468796  by jtunnel

Ususally get a letter from the NY&A about the annual Santa visit that occurs around this time of year.

No letter as of yet, is the Railroad doing it again this year?

John

#468918  by kuzzel540

Are you referring to the Railroad Museum of Long Island's Santa train?

http://www.rmli.org/Pages/Santa_at_Greenport_detail.htm

Santa comes to Greenport on Saturday December 1 and Sunday December 2, 2007

Santa will arrive on the noon train and will depart to the North Pole at 3:00 PM on each day. The Museum will be open from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM on the days of Santa's visit and there is no admission charge for these days.

#468924  by SwingMan

No. There is a Santa Train in Fresh Pond Yard. lirr415-Peter

#468930  by Scrap em Again

No santa train this year.

#469721  by KFC Jones

Was Santa axed for cost efficiency, or is NYA out of smelly old fat men to wear the suit?

#469818  by BMT

No santa train this year.

I guess Ebinezier Scrooge has taken over operations of NY&A. :(

#469872  by Scrap em Again

KFC you nailed it, but we still have plenty of old, fat, balding, eat-all-your-leftovers men around.

BMT, I love the Christmas spirit just like anyone else, but it is just a expense that can be done away with for a short time. More money needs to be invested into crews, engines, track, the list goes on....... Besides the event never changes, must be boring to some to see the same setup, same fat guy, and gremlin wearing leotards every year :P

#469921  by jayrmli

Besides the event never changes, must be boring to some to see the same setup, same fat guy, and gremlin wearing leotards every year Razz
Same can be said about Santa finishing out the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but thousands will be there Thursday and millions will watch on TV.

Jay

#470033  by Mr rt

Jay, I've gone to see the Macy's Santa with kids for years & now with grandkids. Too bad the Fresh Pond version won't happen.
I'm sure it was good for PR in the area.
 #470081  by freightguy

It is like they took the Christ right out of Christmas this year? Will there be a decorative tree in World HQ this year? For non-employees it is right next to the shop!

#471733  by mutz155

THERE WONT BE ANY PROBLEM WITH FINDING A SANTY CLAUS SINCE EVERYBODY THERE HAS BIG EGOS.

#471737  by Dump The Air

Hey Mutz, theres this new thing, just left of the A key on your keyboard, its called the "caps-lock", it's really useful, just click it and the intelligence level of your posts go up by six percent!

#471817  by mutz155

I BET THAT TOOK YOU AT LEAST 20 MINUTES TO FIGURE OUT - GIVE OR TAKE 6 PERCENT.