Railroad Forums 

• NY&A Rolling Stock??

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1147299  by DogBert

passenger car left today. It was tacked onto the back of the usual run to oak point, behind the bushwick trash cars, with an empty boxcar bracketing it.
 #1147475  by freightguy

I saw it on the back of CSX Q430 behind the cut of Hunts Point cars. It had RPCX reporting marks if I read the side of the coach correctly. Same way they left years ago on the rear with a boxcar attached to the hind end.
 #1147910  by jayrmli

Most privately owned passenger cars today have RPCX markings. That belongs to the Railroad Passenger Car Alliance, an organization of private car owners. This is probably the best system to set up a car for movement like this. Through them, you can get a reporting mark, car reader and have the car registered in UMLER. Back when the LIRR coaches were moved off of the property, this system was not yet in place.

The boxcar on the end is probably placed there for the FRED, which has problems being mounted in passenger couplers.
 #1151907  by scoostraw

Yup ok. I found an earlier photo of it also - before NY&A was painted out.

Is it still in Selkirk?
 #1152104  by DogBert

I would think so. Photo was taken yesterday. If it's not there they must have moved it to kingston where I'm assuming it'll be put on a truck to move to cmrr (which doesn't currently have a switch connecting to an outside rr). Don't know anything beyond that - probably best to discuss it's future over on the cmrr thread in the NY State board.
 #1168010  by Ðauntless

NYA had 62 and 65. 65 is now on LIRC and 62 was renumbered 52.