Railroad Forums 

• NS Hazelton Job

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1272255  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Anyone know the frequency of the NS Hazleton job to Allentown? I was told he hits Northampton about 8am. I would love to catch ANYTHING on the old CNJ north of Allentown.Getting out early isn't a problem now as it gets light around 5:30. I'd like to get lucky and get the CP job too.
 #1272749  by IRN750

I would say between 6 and 8 am are your best times to find the H-67 eastbound from Lehighton. You may have a chance of getting CP 259 in that same time frame. H67 sometime waits at Lehighton for the 259 to come west or 259 waits for H-67 coming east to Cata.
 #1274309  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Have vacation time coming up. Going to try to squeeze that in. The old CNJ north of Allentown is something I have been wanting to do forever. Ever since the CP/D&H trains have left it has been relatively quiet from what others have told me. I'll be happy with a local. :-)
 #1274643  by IRN750

Get there at sunrise and you should be able to get 13T,H67 eastbound maybe a late running CP 259 westbound. The local H-66 only goes all the way to Palmerton on Mon. Wed. Fridays. on the other days it turns back at Treichlers or Northampton
 #1275100  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Thanks. Will be trying for something this week if weather is decent. That H66 has gotten by me twice. Just missed him at Northampton and lost him out of Allentown the other time.