Railroad Forums 

• Non Rail - Security Update

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1438475  by Gilbert B Norman

Even if the word "train" is included in the text, the following is non-rail, but I think shows where any public venue in Europe is going:
Dear Festival Visitors!

We are happy to welcome you to this year’s Salzburg Festival. Unfortunately, security has become a subject that dominates the thoughts of all presenters worldwide. At the Salzburg Festival, we have been working on strengthening and improving the existing security measures at our theatres and our performance venues.

We have always believed that security is something one takes care of without discussing it. However, some things do require saying. Therefore, allow us to give you some tips on how to make your attendance at our performances as stress-free as possible, despite heightened security:

� Since expanded police controls cannot be ruled out, please allow a little more time than usual to arrive at the various performance venues and enter the various performance venues. We recommend arriving about 30 minutes before the beginning of the performance.

� Please carry a valid official ID with you, in order to identify yourself if necessary.

� For security reasons, the following items may not be brought to the performance venues:

- Bulky items, such as suitcases, bags, backpacks or similar luggage. We cannot store these items in the cloakrooms for you. Should you be required to depart directly after a performance, we recommend discussing storing your luggage at your hotel with the hotel in advance, or to check it into a locker at the train station.

- Sharp or pointed objects, or any object that is considered dangerous and may be used as a weapon.

On behalf of the Salzburg Festival, we thank you in advance for your help and understanding and wish you a particularly enjoyable and interesting Festival summer.

Kindest regards,
Based on my three previous visits at the Festival, I had thought things were a bit lax, no frisking, not even a peek in a tote bag that I always have for my walking shoes (1.2 "klicks" away from my hotel; events are quite dressy) - and the Program you get to pay €5 for.

So if you're "going over" this year, expect more of same at any public venue; this could even include "Gleis" - tracks.