Railroad Forums 

• News Bulletin

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#274347  by GOLDEN-ARM

Trying to get closer, to NS, for "whatever" reason?.................

#274400  by Noel Weaver

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:Trying to get closer, to NS, for "whatever" reason?.................
I am not too sure about that one, I think it is to their advantage to
maintain the present. As it stands now, both the NS and CSX are friendly
connections at Jacksonville.
I think they just want to centralize their management structure in one
location.
My "gut feeling" is that the FEC will stay independent for quite some time.
Noel Weaver

#274520  by octr202

Those are pretty big buildings down there too -- I got the impression from reading the article that they probably don't need all that space anymore, either...

#274602  by GOLDEN-ARM

Still, a "snub" at the heritage, and history of our East Coast Racetrack. NS and CSX are certainly planning what to do, with the FEC, if it could be pried away. I doubt the CSX would have a chance, with lines already firmly entrenched, in and across the state. Regards :-D

#274690  by Noel Weaver

I don't really think the CSX is in much of a position to take control of
anything. They are doing a darned poor job with what they already have.
Personally, I hope it stays independent.
Noel Weaver

#274770  by octr202

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:Still, a "snub" at the heritage, and history of our East Coast Racetrack. NS and CSX are certainly planning what to do, with the FEC, if it could be pried away. I doubt the CSX would have a chance, with lines already firmly entrenched, in and across the state. Regards :-D
Hopefully, the fear of stirring up a s***storm will keep either road from making a move on the FEC. Its a unique road these days of so much homogenous railroading. I miss the sight of the Geep 9's and switchers throwin' everything they've got into 80 car transfer drags in Jax., and the GP40-GP40-GP9 sets charging past Sunbeam Rd. heading south...

Must have been pretty rare too to see a railroad still HQed in a building they'd been in that long...
 #366253  by Noel Weaver

Beginning Saturday, February 17th and lasting until Saturday, February
24th, the rock trains will be annulled due to track work on the Medley lead
and some other projects in that area.
This will result in a major reduction in train movements, some days there
will be as many as five fewer trains each way.
It is only supposed to run for the one week.
This information is from the Yahoo group.
Noel Weaver