Railroad Forums 

• New Switch at Matthew & Fields?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#1407678  by RailKevin

I drove by M&F on Lehigh Station Road yesterday and I saw a track crew working on what appeared to be a new switch just north of the road. Is this a new switch for M&F or perhaps a runaround track under construction?
 #1407829  by RailKevin

I drove by again today and saw more trackwork in progress. I was not able to get a pic, so I will describe it. There was a south facing switch installed next to M&F just north of Lehigh Station Road. The track then made an S-curve toward M&F, went through a new hole in the fence, and ended in the M&F yard parallel to the existing siding. That is as far as they got today, but maybe there is more to come. I wonder if they will eliminate the crossing at Lehigh.
 #1408496  by RailKevin

As of yesterday, the track appears to be a stub that ends just north of Lehigh Station Road on M&F property. There is a bumper next to the track waiting to be installed.