Railroad Forums 

• New employment housing

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1445278  by DeAngelisRjr

So, I have an interview with UP. I am on the east coast. So if i take the job and leave for wyoming what would the housing situation be? Job is in rawlins and training is in Cheyanne. The recuiter said something about 2000 for room and board. When would I see that check or would they pay directly? Dont have the funds to pay for a hotel for 2 months straight. What would be yhalls recommendations?
 #1449390  by Engineer Spike

When you get there ask around. When I started on D&H, there were a bunch of guys who had rented a house together. Later on, there was a bunch of guys who were cut off in Binghamton. They got together and rented a trailer.

If there is no place like I described, look for a rooming house. The conditions might be poor, but it will be a roof. This might be a good way to save up. You can live cheaply.