Railroad Forums 

• New DL&W Sign Richfield Springs

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1480468  by ut-1

Here's a recently erected sign touting DL&W heritage along US Rt 20 in Richfield Springs.

Info about the developers of this abandoned ROW here:

https://ucsvroute.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments:
IMG_7261 (2)_Resized_900_by_750.jpg
IMG_7261 (2)_Resized_900_by_750.jpg (264.27 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
 #1480621  by sd80mac

So these 2 RR bridges over RT 20 that I saw while drove through this past spring to Cobleskill SUNY belong to DLW??

I forget to post about these 2 bridges I saw to ask about what RR ran through that area.
 #1480672  by alzubal

A friend and I took a ride there several years ago they were having an open house at the dairy there wer a few people around. Not a hole lot going on they had a few photos from along the line from years back. The old Frontier Town train was sitting on a short section of track across the road . It was still there around two years ago.
Al
 #1480677  by lvrr325

sd80mac wrote:So these 2 RR bridges over RT 20 that I saw while drove through this past spring to Cobleskill SUNY belong to DLW??

I forget to post about these 2 bridges I saw to ask about what RR ran through that area.
The bridge in Sangerfield is ex-DL&W, looks to be state build from when 20 was made 4 lanes, used today by the NYS&W.

The only other bridge I know of in that stretch is past the end of this line, in Cherry Valley, also built by the state when that portion of 20 was made 4 lanes with an interstate style exit to NY-166, for the former D&H Cherry Valley branch which was abandoned not long after the bridge was built.

The former Richfield Springs branch crosses Rt. 20 three times, all at grade.

The Syracuse branch also crosses 20 with a bridge, way back at Onativia not far from I-81.