Railroad Forums 

• New cars coming for GO Transit?

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#75437  by stuart_iowa

i read that they ordered 10 new cars...that enough for one train??? and a spare or two...guess maybe there will be new loco ordered or a rebuild program coming soon

#75579  by Ken V

Since my info on the ten car order with Bombardier doesn't include a cab car (to make up a complete train set - without locomotive), I'll assume it doesn't. In that case, I'll guess these cars will be used to increase some existing consists by one car a piece. This fits in with some recent GO bulletins regarding which cars to use for certain station platforms.

GO wants to order new, higher horsepower, locomotives to increase some train lengths from ten to twelve cars (like they used to run with two F59's many years ago) but this is still pending.

#81849  by va3ori

The recently announced injection of funds will mean that many projects-in-waiting can commence. Capital expansion will include improvements to the Union Station space, new trackage, restored connections (Bradford-Barrie was mentioned) and sorely needed new locomotives. It seems that the current fleet is in sore need of augmentation and replacement. It will be interesting to see what the new power will be.

cheers,
Ori
va3ori - va3xw