Railroad Forums 

• New ARA article posted

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#500888  by reinhardtjh

Great article, Ben! The models look fantastic. BTW, I model in N scale and I picked up 8 of the M-T boxcars this summer just so I'd know I had enough. They are still available though a number of online stores and I see a few in Ebay all the time.

John H. Reinhardt
 #500913  by tomjohn

Ben,
Nice article, great job on the models I too model in N-SCALE also I have 6 CONCOR boxcars,1 MICROTRAINS boxcar 4 of the blue A & A RR boxcars !

Tom

#501024  by jgallaway81

Tom, are you saying that the blue boxcar was also issued in N Scale?

Thats another item of interest that I haven't even heard of.

A friend of mine, a member of the CRHS, sent me a link to the article.

Excellent work Ben, great job, both on the article and on the engines, they really are exceptional work.
 #501046  by tomjohn

jgallaway81 wrote:Tom, are you saying that the blue boxcar was also issued in N Scale?

Thats another item of interest that I haven't even heard of.

A friend of mine, a member of the CRHS, sent me a link to the article.

Excellent work Ben, great job, both on the article and on the engines, they really are exceptional work.
Jason ,

I really don't know if anyone produced the BLUE A & A RR boxcars,I just went right ahead and custom painted my 4 blue A & A RR boxcars from 2 Micro trains and 2 Atlas cars from the 1970's ...

Tom

#501065  by Benjamin Maggi

Thanks guys. I the Micro trains cars, as well as 3 concor ones in two different road numbers. Never thought that they would do that, but maybe one is a rarity. They are all in orange. Maybe I will paint some blue ones, but modeling a 44 tonner in N scale would be tough!

I saw the Aristocraft c-16 (2-8-0) at the Springfield show a couple of weeks ago and took lots of measurements. My version of #18 will begin this summer.

#501088  by umtrr-author

Nice work on the article and the 44-tonner, Ben.

I don't recall seeing blue A&A boxcars commercially available in N Scale, but it's certainly possible that they were issued.

I reviewed the Micro-Trains A&A release as part of my Unofficial Micro-Trains Release Report (see the June 2007 archive edition on my UMTRR website, link in signature).

I also arranged with Micro-Trains for the A&A to get a copy of the boxcar; hopefully it arrived for use in their display.

#501404  by thebigham

Great job, Ben!

#512938  by BSOR Patarak

That is some quality work on the two locomotives. Great job on the article too. We'll have to get the models out for a pose next to the real ones! Perhaps a modelers day on the A&A for people to show off their work?

I find it amazing how people get interested in this small railroad. Your story reminds me a bit about me! LOL

#513012  by Benjamin Maggi

Pat, I actually brought them to the A&A one day to show around, but it was pretty rainy and nasty outside and it looked like Cooter and Dennis had their hands full with the real engines. Someday, I will bring them down again.

#513016  by jgallaway81

Ben, did you happen to notice if the overhead layout was still in existance in the back room?

As far as I know, the layout itself, as well as two coaches and a PRR gondola should still be there...

#513181  by Benjamin Maggi

The last time I was there (Sept. 2007), I don't remember seeing the layout. It used to be in a room next to the ticket counter. That is not to say that the layout hasn't been moved, or that I missed it. However, I wanted to see the layout and my memory is telling me that the layout wasn't there anymore.
Humm...

I never actually saw it run. I only saw it during non-operating days.

#513187  by jgallaway81

Well, there actually were two layouts... a Gscale one above the room in the back, and an HO one in what is not being used as the museum room (from what I understand)

#513385  by howie729

I rode in October and the HO layout has been removed. The G scale was still in the rafters above the back room (not running) I dont know if the full loop was still there but they did have it still up.

Beautiful job on the center cabs Ben!!

Scott Howard